Mould & Condensation.
In order to provide an effective mould treatment plan a property visit from one of our experienced surveyors will be necessary. An assessment will be undertaken to determine the cause of the mould problem and the appropriate solution. Once an efficient mould removal plan has been determined our operators will undertake eradication of the mould by using specially licensed chemicals and will dispose of any contaminated products via incineration to prevent further spread of toxic mould.
Identifying Mould & Condensation.
Mould & Condensation are most commonly mis-diagnosed for damp problems by unexperienced contractors resulting in ineffective treatments being applied and also hundreds sometimes thousands of pounds being wasted on uneccesary works.
Common signs of Mould problems include the following:
* Black mould spots on internal wall surfaces.
* Green mould spots on internal wall surfaces.
* Furry white cotton wool like deposits on internal surfaces.
* White mould spots on roof rafters and timbers.
Common signs of Condensation problems include the following:
* Excess water dripping down windows (especially in the early morning hours)
* Black mould spots developing around UPVC window frames and silicones and mastics.
* Water droplets dripping from internal surfaces such as ceilings and underneath kitchen cupboards.
Adverse Health Effects of Mould & Condensation
Recent scientific studies on the effects of dampness and mould in the home have concluded that the presence of mould (in particular the black moulds found in damp properties known as Stachybortrys Chartarum) can have serious adverse health effects affecting both the immune and respiratory systems. Toxic black moulds can cause problems such as:
* Vision Problems.
* Respiratory Issues.
* Reproductory System Problems.
* Circulatory Problems and Rheumatics.
* Skin Complaints.
* Problems affecting the nervous system.
* Neurological problems (brain).
* Allergic Reactions.
Current research also suggests that toxic moulds could be linked to cancers associated with aspergillosis.
Toxic moulds are created by adverse damp conditions in the home and are usually due to an imbalance between ventilation, vapour and heating.
Toxic mould exposure symptoms can include the following:
* Bloodshot Eyes
* Difficulty Sleeping
If you experience any of the above symptoms please seek medical attention or consult your general practitioner for further advice.
If you feel you have a damp problem in your property and reqire a professional no nonsense, no obligation diagnosis
Call us today on 0161-706-1100 for a free no obligation estimate.
Copyright Salford Building Contractors 2016, Article prohibited to be reproduced in any form written or electronic without prior written permission from the owner. Contact for all press enquiries.